Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thing a Week 17: On the Human Paradox

So, i was preparing something fancier than this, but i decided i didn't like it. instead i offer you, my audience, this gem or approximate equivalent in the rough. Basically, the point of today's post is this: I like to think in two ways-Vulcan style logical, and absurdist. I don't know why I like to think in these ways, it's just more fun than using reason. In the spock approach (by the way, I am not at all familiar Spock, so this is probably grossly unjust to the original Spock), I try to follow the linear paths of logical progression, thereby reaching the most reasonable conclusion. Being myself, i generally add an unhealthy amount of stubbornness and a light misting on the words reality and and reason.
I will have to tell you, my "loyal audience, about the absurdist approach on Monday. It's more fun to talk about anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment