Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thing a Week 16: Let's Face it, Anyone who Would Stretch a Title Post this Long, Is Probably a Bad Person.

To finish the story: The drunkest (and most racist) of the partiers started to become abrasive toward my companions at approximately 2 in the morning (i.e, he started theorizing that A) my companions were "jews and niggers" and B) they therefore deserved to stabbed/cut/something else unpleasant with a knife), and so my entourage hied themselves away from his suddenly less pleasant company, in spite of the benefits it provided (I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but the college kids had a a much warmer fire than my troops, and it was COLD during these proceedings). About five minutes later, the shouting started*. In another 5 minutes, all was quiet again. Then the shouting started again. At this point, the only person not awake was my father, who managed to sleep through everything, including the lights of four police cars and an ambulance, and then wake up in fine fettle the next morning to tell me it was time to wake up, two hours after I had gone to bed. Anyway, after the third shouting bout most of the collegers up and left, in spite of the fact that most of the drivers weren't sober enough to find the park exit. Seriously, some of the cars had to circle four or five times before they detected an egress-point. At this, point, three people were left: "Bacchus", the small angry racist drunk who instigated everything as far as I am aware, "Maenad" a girl who was soon to play an integral part of evenings entertainment (although at this point it was actually fairly well on in the morning), and "Artemis", a female, the only person who actually old enough to legally drink.
When these were the only three left, My group started wandering back towards the college camp to notarize the damage. We arrived to find Artemis and Bacchus wrestling on the ground, and Maenad screaming nearby. Bacchus and Artemis were separated, then Bacchus started homing in on Artemis, and she responded in kind. It was around this point that people started phoning the police. Bacchus then proceeded to claim that he hadn't hit Maenad, and that he had
hit her in self defense. Maenads ripostes were equally thought provoking and coherent.
Then Bacchus punched Maenad**, she fell down, and shortly thereafter the police arrived, apprehended Bacchus and had all the witnesses write testimonials. Then I stayed up until five talking with other campers until five in the morning, and was woken up at seven to go scouting.

The moral of the story is this: If you stay up late with drunken collegers, you will regret it the morning after. But morning AFTER the morning after, you will have an awesome story to tell.


...I thought it was a good story.

*In an interesting side note, one of the best lines I got out of the entire evening was definitely "I ADVISE you to calm your a** down, or I WILL put you to sleep." This was delivered at approximately loud enough to wake up anyone within 150 meters of the campsite, in a surprisingly reasonable tone.

**In another interesting side note, this led to my other favorite comment of the night: "I didn't know she was a female" this line was delivered by Bacchus, directly after punching Meanad in the face after arguing with her for several minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment