Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thing a Week 37: I put the wrong number on last week.

This is kind of a crappy piece, but it's all I have right now. it sprung from a conversation that I had with my brother, and I wanted to see if I could translate into a decent short story.

You know what happens when you save the world? It keeps going. and after it's continued keeping going, it changes, and you become unnecessary. It doesn't help when the peril isn't readily visible, and people are able to rationalize themselves into believing that you didn't do anything.
But trust me when I say, I saved the world. And no, you won't be able to avoid having me tell you about it.
For the sake of my own sanity, I'm going to assume that you know what nanobots are. If you don't, leave right now and don't come back until you've figured out the basics of not being illiterate in the 21st century. Seriously, you need to catch on some reading material.

I'm going to have to finish this up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment