Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thing a Week 36: Not gonna say it

Ever wondered what it would feel like to walk across the U.S? Just grab some shoes, fill a back pack, and start hiking? There's a certain mythos, I think, in our sedentary culture, that celebrates the kind of person it takes to do something that stupid and awesome.
I want to be that person. I want to join the cycle of awesome stupidity. I want to be able, someday, to be at a dinner party, and overhear someone complaining about how much they have they walk around at their job, and I want to look them in the eye, squint in a manly manner, and say, in my gratuitously gravelly voice, "Try walking across America" And then every bald eagle in the surrounding 49 1/2 states would simultaneously explode from the awesome, softly weeping proud, proud tears.

SOME DAY I WILL BE THAT PERSON

2 comments:

  1. Someone here who thinks you are AWESOME found this http://legomyphoto.wordpress.com/page/11/ for you (go to day 266). This is a project where he takes a picture of a lego minifig every day for a year. Very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He also recommends day 224. Also day 153. Well, all of them, actually!

    ReplyDelete