Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing a Week 27: Kind of a Post?

So in the first place, I'd like to apologize. This post probably won't be very long, and there is only one thing to blame it on (well technically, you could blame me, but I like to think that just because I'm the cause of an event doesn't mean I'm responsible for it. This attitude probably explains the current condition of my life). "BUT ROBBIE!" I don't hear you scream, "Surely the blame rests on you for not preparing a topic or doing any work on the post before 11 o'clock on Saturday!" riposte i thusly:
HA! and again, for unnecessary emphasis because I have childish love for hyperbole HA!!! WHile you could make that argument, and while it is a valid point, I just so happen to have a point fo my OWN. And I like to call it... Omegle. it's a site where you connect to a stranger, and then have a conversation. It is also addictive like donuts glazed in crack. To give you an idea of how addictive it is, I started this post at 11:20, went to get the address of Omegle at 11:25, and came back to finish this at... 12.
The thing is seriously like a crack sammich. I first heard of it at XKCD, where it's described thusly:
[It feels like that scene in Fight Club where the narrator sits down next to Tyler on the plane. Two strangers meeting, laying out their personality and sizing each other up in just a few words, with no expectations, and — thanks to anonymity — no consequences.

Except in this case, a lot of the time Tyler just screams “COCKS”, punches the narrator, and jumps out of the window.]

It's an apt description.

Seriously, though, the site is amazing. It's impossible to describe the feeling you get when you just connect and have an interesting conversation you will never meet again. More often, you'll get a bot spamming, but it's still a very enjoyable and addictive time waster. You should check it out!


Actually, you shouldn't You really shouldn't. Once you taste the forbidden fruit, you always thirst for more. And like some Lovecraftian horror lurking in the murky begrimed depths of the sea, when you look into its eyes....


it consumes you.

1 comment: