Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing a Week 26: "She Likes Cloth"... That'd be a Good Band Name

Something has recently been floating at the top of head, and I have therefore decided to broach the cask of my mind onto the Internet so that I may reuse he space for more valuable thoughts, like whether or not I should go make some toast (currently leaning towards not quite yet). Anyway, the Thought is this: Do other people try to turn all of their most awesome sounding phrases into albums/song titles?

I realize this may sound trivial (because it is), but the answer could have dramatic repercussions*. You see, I like to base my existence on the basic presumption that everyone else is a slightly (sometimes drastically) inferior copy of me, that thinks in the same ways as me. Some might call this presumption, or solipsism (technically, they would be wrong on that. Solipsism is the belief that I'm imagining everything else, whereas this is the belief that I am the pinnacle of everything else); I like to call it reality, and I'd appreciate if the rest would make a bit more effort to catch up on the scene.

This philosophy has always served me well except for the many, almost continuous times that it hasn't, but recently it hit a kink. Namely: If not everyone else is in on this Higher Truth, then they might be making an effort to individualize into NotMe's, which kind of throws a wrench into my plan to turn all of you into the drones of my hive mind. Therefore, I have decided to release the into the wild, where you may browse upon it at your leisure, and I can use your reactions to test the validity of the theory, so that eventually I'll be able to herd you all back where you belong. Underneath me.

....So, originally I was planning on turning this into a rant on band names, but I actually like this more. I will therefore cop out at this point, and leave anyone reading this with the following observation: The best album title is Curse the Black Daystar. WHy? It just is!





*Wouldn't Dramatic Repercussions be a sweet band name

No comments:

Post a Comment