Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thing a Week 21: Memoirs of a sixteen year old

So I've spent basically all of this last week organizing my room, and it has been a Big Thing for me. My room is pretty full of space, but almost all of that space is covered in various pieces of second (and fifth and eighty-seventh) hand furniture, and basically all of that furniture was filled years of accumulated debris. I found stuff I'd never even guessed at, like that clown skeleton in the closet. ...that was one of the more awkward things. However, I'd put even odds that the clown deserved whatever he got. I mean, he was a clown. I also found some pretty awesome stuff, like the schematics for one of my favorite birthday cakes ever (to a certain sister of mine, it was the castle siege cake, and yes, I still love the pangolin cake, and will be equally ecstatic if I find long-lost plans for it in one of my desk drawers). I also discovered that although I didn't realize it, my room has approximately five million cubic yards of rope (all of which comes in the form of 3 foot long segments, so most of it it is kind of completely useless for any purpose at all), four different tiny containers of sunscreen. and SO MANY PENS AND PENCILS. I am not even joking, it was ridiculous. I have a mug, in which i hold my various implements of writing, and I had to weed it out twice. I could understand this, but for the fact that whenever I try to find something to write with in my room, I can't. Trying to find pens in my room has traditionally been about as worthwhile as trying to bail water from the sea, but apparently my room has simply been tucking my pens away, just for the chance to regurgitate all of them at simultaneously. Good night, internet.

5 comments:

  1. My life does this with pens and pencils too--maybe it's genetic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room sounds like Vic's car...I helped him clean it out the other day, and found approximatly 4.2 billion writing sticks, and two exacto knives. And I don't think there were any plans for the pangolin cake...I just sort of free-handed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this, and for some reason (that is probably best left unexamined) it reminded me of you.

    http://wondermark.com/218/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I disagree. We should absolutely examine the reasons it reminded you of me. We should examine them MINUTELY. And by that, I mean you should buy me a unicycle. Hint hint.

    ReplyDelete