Thursday, December 11, 2008

the first creation

i wrote this when i was cleaning. i was very, very bored. i think it helps to read this as though it were the transcript of a political speech. it adds a certain flavour, pardon my french.

i cannot say, in all honesty, that i represent the common man. in my memory, i have never even met what seems to be publicly excepted as the common man. i represent myself. i believe that the morals, the ideas, ideals and principles which i represent reflect many of the same of those who i am speaking to tonight, but i do not know, and refuse to absolutely state. in my minds eye, the COMMON man is a predetermined thought, with set actions and reactions, a stringed puppet. i have no wish to represent this man, for i cannot truly call him a man. is not man the potential for growth? when we quantify and label him, we expect no growth, we discourage all growth, and we look with dismay upon any growth. it is my hope that some day, all men may be called uncommon men, that all men may will be willing, able encouraged to be uncommon. THIS is what i represent, and what i will strive to achieve with all my power.

No comments:

Post a Comment