Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back at House, still finding Home

As of 11 o'clock last night, I am once again a resident of Ohio in fact as well as name. It's... quiet, and slightly disorienting. I have many fond memories of my home, but it doesn't really feel like home anymore (see "it's quiet, above). I suppose every person goes through periods of spiritual homelessness, but it's still a curious sensation.
In other news, I've actually written quite a lot of material in the last few months, but haven't posted it since it was for school, and I'm lazy and forgetful. A lot of it's been poetry, so I thought I'd post one of the pieces here.

Ode to the Passed


Goddess, sing to me!
Not of rage,
for I wish for no discord in thy symphony,
but sing of melancholy,
of chances lost in summer rains
of unsung soliloquies
and unloved maidens.
Sing, I pray,
to memories lost
and never formed,
to endless possibilities that ended

Inspire in the breast of all who hear you
the warm tears of summer
tears not of losing,
but of never having
the bittersweet twist
of endless possibilities come
to a close.

Sing of those who swore
that this night they would truly live
only to find in morning light
that they had merely
survived
and were fated to do so
until greeted with finality

And lastly, sing of me
Give me strength to face
unfilled possibilities,
and let me be rash
and foolish,
and filled with sensation

And when the rain
beats upon my windowpane,
let me think not of sunny days,
but of monsoons that I can face
someday with bared teeth,
and a smile.

I'm rather fond of this piece. I was supposed to put in a line from a song that I liked, and people who know me might recognize some lines from Summer Song, which happens to be an awesome song that you should go listen to.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this. A lot. I alluded to that on facebook, but I ended up coming back to it. Then I decided this is totally good enough for both social mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Also, on side note, do you know what's best about RSS feeds and the like? Posting responses to about five different people on three different sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have three websites saying "Robbie did stuff!" much more opportunity for people to catch the awesome.

    ReplyDelete