Monday, March 16, 2009

Thing a Week 10: A Reasonable Defense

So, I have failed once again to post in a timely manner. It was because i was in a different state, and i didn't have access to a computer, but I'm still disappointed in myself. I should have posted on Friday. Anyway, here is what last weeks post was supposed to be.
In the first place, let me apologize for the inferior quality of my last post. i did it in less than fifteen minutes, and I'm not very pleased with the result. It doesn't fit the tone of the story in my head at all, and eventually I'm going to post an edited version that (hopefully) won't make me feel the pressing need to commit seppuku for dishonoring my noble heritage. However, that is a different piece of writing, for a different time. THIS weeks post is about Facebook, and my issues with it. I've got to say it. I don't like Facebook. I'm not sure why; it just gives me an unpleasant tingling feeling. Rather like contact with humans, or an intense radiation burn.
Anyway, whenever people ask me about my irrational dislike, i cant really answer them, because i don't really know why i have ti. i have theories about it, but i haven't actually gotten around to confirming any of them. AND SO, with my typical verve and pan-ache, I have decided to compile a compendium of things that could be the reason i don't like Facebook. From now on, I will always carry a copy of this post with me, and I will shove it at peoples faces with the slightest provocation. IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

1. I don't like social networking, period. I just don't! I'm not sure what my reasoning is, they just give me a gitchy feeling in my Spine
2. I try to avoid addiction, and from everything I've seen, addiction is the entire point of Facebook. It's about getting all of your favorite things on the net in one place, where you can overindulge at will.
3. I try not to spend my entire life on the computer. This is basically a reiteration of Point 2. When all of your hobbies and habits (and hobbits) are in one place, where will you spend your time? In hobbit land. I have an intimate knowledge of how easy it is to waste time online, i don't need another site created to help at something I'm already so good at.
4. No fourth point, but it looks more legitimate. And those are my reasons as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment